- Spend lots of time blogging.
- Go to technology conferences.
- Spend lots of time with my PLN.
What I did do:
- Unplugged and spent quality time with the wife.
- Plugged back in to play video games ... with the wife.
- Got a job offer for an art/tech position where I will have my own computer lab and see my students much more often than once or twice a quarter. It's in a new K-8 school opening this year in the county.
- Had an interview the next day.
- Offered the job on the same day.
- Asked what the administration's take was on blogging.
- Convinced administration that I could teach blogging to students in a responsible way.
- Accepted the job.
- Missed my exit on the way home from the interview. Twice.
Those that know me will understand this was a decision that I was ready to make, but it still won't be easy. There are a lot of staff and students in my previous buildings (dang, it's still feels odd typing that) that I'm really going to miss. Most of them I didn't even get a chance to say goodbye to.
I think I'm going to let this sink in for a day or two.