Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Academic Aesthetic 158: MICCA Freebies

This time around I might sound a little different - that's because I'm using my Creative Zen again, rather than GarageBand. I figured since I would be demonstrating it tomorrow I should get back into he process of actually using it.

The books I ramble on about in this episode are Kidcast: Podcasting in the Classroom and Kidcast: Creative Podcasting Activities.

I was a bit hesitant when I got an email from the publisher asking if I wanted to give these books away at my presentation, mostly because I'd like to think I have some level of integrity and I don't want to look like I'm stooping low to hawk anything that comes by.

When the books showed up, I opened up the first one to give it a read-through.  I have to say, the only thing I didn't like about them was the fact that they have those plastic ring bindings.  Other than that, I'd say they answer 90% of the questions I get asked about podcasting.  I wouldn't recommend the Podcasting in the Classroom book to someone who's been podcasting for a year or more, but if you're just getting started I'd say it's definitely worth it to have one of these.

As for the activities book ... I didn't read that one, mostly because I was unsure if I should take the shrink wrap off of it or not.  These are door prizes for people who will be attending my session, after all.

...

Does this make me a sell-out?

No comments: