Friday, May 12, 2006

Steve Dembo knows your permanent record!

Listen to the podcast!Do you?

Seriously though, I was hoping to record a podcast tonight but my voice just isn't into it right now. Instead, how about you listen to Steve's latest endeavor? He even has his PowerPoint online for you.

During his presentation he makes a good point about starting off with a strictly controlled environment, then opening it up slowly as the students become more responsible. I've been thinking for a while now about moving this blog to a server capable of handling WordPress this summer, and depending on the server space I rent I could probably host just such an environment for my students using Moodle or another fun tool.

If not, there's still Class Blogmeister, Gaggle.net, and Think.com. Anyone out there have good/bad experiences with those last two?

No comments: